Recent Encouragements

At the end of last year I had some unexpected opportunities to promote the Candle in the wind book. Firstly, on the last day of Winter term in London Theological Seminary I was able to stand in for someone else due to give a lecture in the pastoralia course, which I was very glad to do. I summarised four chapters of the book and enjoyed the interchange with the students.
Then a little later someone from the show Janet Mefferd Today (who I have worked with in the past) was in touch about an interview by 'phone on the new book. I was more than happy to oblige. Originally it was to be a live interview but the plan was altered. It made me feel a little less nervous. The interview should air before the end of the month. Excuse my cold!
Also at the end of last year I received an email from a pastor in Indonesia saying how much he had appreciated the book on regeneration and in the new year I bumped into a fellow pastor here in the UK who has been preaching through Song of Solomon. Almost in despair at finding the sort of help he was looking for he came across my book Heavenly Love and has found it really helpful. I was so encouraged to hear that.
Others let me know that they are benefiting from the books, most often the commentary on Proverbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment